Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Some text goes here

TOPIC: HCG instead of Test for TRT

HCG instead of Test for TRT 2 months 3 days ago #14443

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 136
I recently read an article about using HCG to boost testosterone naturally instead of injecting Testosterone for guys with low T or for TRT. This particular person in the article boosted his test from 300 to 700. I think he was doing 5000ius a week if I remember correctly.

It got me wondering, would it make sense after a cycle and PCT to go on HCG between cycles to keep the test levels higher?

I'm 54 1/2 now as well so trying to keep my test up closer to "youthful levels" between cycles certainly is appealing.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by titansman1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HCG instead of Test for TRT 2 months 3 days ago #14444

• jp4355
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1432
I'm Not a Big Fan of HCG Monotherapy.
But there are Guys who do go on it.

A couple of things to be aware of.
1 ~ it will Raise E-2, so you will probably need an A.I.
2 ~ be careful of your Dosing, as Too High a Dose will Desensitize, or possibly Damage your Leydig Cells.

I wouldn't go anywhere near 5,000 IU's a Week, you will Definitely run into the Problem above in #2.

I would go with either 250 IU's Twice a Week.
Or go a little higher to 350 IU's Twice a Week................. JP
The following user(s) said Thank You: titansman1

HCG instead of Test for TRT 2 months 3 days ago #14445

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
My natty test is usually around 550 but after this last cycle I don’t think that I got back that high. Libido seems a little lower after this cycle than previous cycles.

I have precycle bloodwork scheduled for next Fri. and it’s been since March since my last cycle so I’ll know for sure if my natty test is dropping below that 550 range. I am getting older too so I’m sure I’m losing some ground due to age anyway too.

What do you think about staying on test year round at my age as an anti-aging protocol to keep levels up in the youthful range?

My wife goes to an anti-aging Dr to get her hormones balanced and back to “youthful” levels and she looks and feels great year round. She gets the pellets and I can tell when they start to wear off. Should men do the same thing?

The reason I haven’t wanted to do the anti-aging protocol yet is I feel like taking test year round is it would shut me down completely and I would have to stay on test forever. Maybe when I’m in my 60s, but not sure I want to do that now. That’s why I thought the HCG option sounded appealing to raise test a little between cycles more naturally.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by titansman1.

HCG instead of Test for TRT 2 months 2 days ago #14447

• jp4355
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1432
I found that as I got Older, it would take Longer to Recover from a Cycle.
Wait and see where your Natty Test is, as well as LH and FSH.

How long has it been since your Last Cycle ?

As for when the time is right for TRT.
Honestly, I can't tell you, as it Varies Greatly Person to Person.
And Total Test is only Part of the Picture.

You need to also take into account how you feel.
Your Libido, if you are putting on Extra Fat even though your Diet is good........... JP
P.S.
I've known Guys that had Acceptable Total Test, but still felt Off, as well as a Drop in Libido.
Matter of Fact ~ I'm working with an Old Friend right now trying to get him squared away with Blood Work and a Doctor (problem with E.D.). He's only in his 50's.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by jp4355.
The following user(s) said Thank You: titansman1

HCG instead of Test for TRT 2 months 4 days ago #14448

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
My last cycle ended March 23rd 2020. It was my 4th cycle. About to start my 5th. I’ve been doing one cycle a year of Test-Eq. I run them 16-20 weeks then take 7-8 months off. This time I decided to take even more time off so it will be about 9 months.

I feel good over all, but I can definitely feel a drop in libido. Not having performance issues but needing a little coaxing to get ready when normally all I’d need to do is look at my wife and start thinking about sex and I’d sport wood. No issues maintaining or performing once it’s up and running though. Also, I’d always wake up with morning wood and now it’s hit or miss.

I’ll know for sure where my levels are after I get my blood work back but I have a feeling my test levels will not be in the 550 range this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jp4355

HCG instead of Test for TRT 1 month 2 weeks ago #14475

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
Hey JC, my labs came back. I was actually surprised, my natty test levels are 691ng/dl, free test 85pg/ml. Looks like I recuperated just fine after my last cycle. My last pin was March 2020.

Everything else looks great except my AST came back at 73, ALT 64. Upper range in the reference is AST-35, ALT 46.

I've never seen them this high. The highest I've ever seen was on cycle 46 & 42 with a 40 & 44 upper reference range. So just barely high.

I rarely drink. I'm on no meds. Could red yeast rice elevate AST & ALT? That's the only new supplement I've added in lately.

I'm going to order some Tudca and NAC.

File Attachment:

File Name: h9943a87.pdf
File Size: 36 KB

Oh, I did have COVID over Thanksgiving. Could that have thrown things off a bit? It's only been a few weeks ago?

I also took a break from HGH for about 6 weeks before this blood test. I just started back up this week.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by titansman1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rudynate